The Third Annual Berks Pepper Jam (formerly the Kempton Pepper Jam) will be held this Memorial Day weekend. This food festival is centered around Chile Peppers and will feature delicious creations made with some heat as well as a some choices for the “not–so-hot crowd” Many pepper related vendors will be located on the scenic grounds sampling their hot sauces, salsas, mustards, jams, nuts, and spice mixes. There will be some pepper products that are not so ordinary like infused salts, dried pastas, and pretzels. There will be plenty of food prepared by Konopelski Catering.
- The weekend will also be filled with music acts, craft vendors and children's activities.
- We are hosting two Pepper Eating contests, and again this year a Chicken Wing eating contest.
- Cool the heat off and stop at the beer tent or one of the local wineries that will join us for this event.
- Adult admission is $5.00 & admission is free for youths 12 years and younger. Veterans are offered free admission with military ID.
- Plenty of free parking is available with a section reserved for our handicapped guests. Leashed & well behaved dogs are welcome.
- This event will take place rain or shine so come prepared.